Sunday, November 25, 2012

My little quilt.

Wow it's been a long time sine I was here. I have not been op shopping or to garage sales much at all which is a bit depressing. Little Miss touches can't keep her hands to herself in shops these days, I guess that's what it's like when you are two and a half. I am hanging out to get to some garage sales but the kids don't really enjoy it and Mr M is busy working on the extension. It is summer coming up though so I will have to try. No way am I missing a whole gs season! So jealous of you all and your finds. :)

Thought I would show you what I have done with some of my vintage sheets. Well...actually I can't take credit as my Mum made this. She had a small procedure and had some time to kill while recovering. In the past she has made my son, daughter and sister one so finally it was my turn. It still needs to be washed to fluff it up a bit but I love it!








I have just seen Tam's giveaway over at A Treasured Past (click here) and if I post this on my blog I get three chances to win. Couldn't go past that! I LOVE giveaways. It's a gorgeous blog too so check it out.

Hope everyone has had a fantastic weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I love your quilt - great idea using vintage sheets. Have a great week! Elaina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is beautiful - the colours work so well together. I have a suitcase of vintage sheets and pillowcases that I would love to make into one of these - maybe one day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it is GORGEOUS! Well done to your mum and the fabrics are so so lovely. I love that rough sticking up fabric edging thingy too even though I obviously have no idea about what it is really called! mel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that quilt. It is STUNNING! I wish I could do something like that (or knew someone who could do it for me).
    :-)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. love quilts and yours is just precious :) i am with erica (from previous comment) i wish i know how to do it or know someone would give me one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherry, welcome back.I love your new quilt, though it is making me feel terribly hot! Do pop on over, I have announced the winner of my giveaway :) Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sherry, so nice to see you back. I've missed you. I hope it won't be too long between drinks, I mean posts! next time round x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the link! I love all your Pyrex pics!

    ReplyDelete

This is the best bit, would love you to leave me a Vintage Hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...